Monday, April 29, 2013

Quotes, funnies, and more to get you through finals...


Tummy constricting. Feeling like I'm being swallowed up. Finals, and I am barely hanging on in the evil throes of what can only be named: college algebra. No help that my teacher has only ever skimmed the surface of each topic. But I shall conquer and so shall you! 

*I collected and printed up some battle speeches to keep my pressing onward. I thought I'd share them in case you happen to be in the throes!

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. 
-Winston Churchill 

Good luck on the final exams you're complaining about on Facebook instead of studying for. 
-Author Unknown. :) 

"Good luck" happens when preparedness meets opportunity. 
-Bret Harte

"Begin NOW by thinking about how you will rejoin civilized society, but at a much higher level than you were when you started up this road..." 
-Nan, CPA forum member 

“The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.”
-Chinese Proverb


“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work learning from failure.”
-General Colin Powell
“It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”
-Albert Einstein

“Recipe for success: Study while others are sleeping; work while others are loafing; prepare while others are playing; and dream while others are wishing.”
-William A. Ward

“The best way to finish an unpleasant task is to get started.”
-Anonymous

“Tough times never last, but tough people do.”
-Robert H. Schuller

Thanks to Pass the CPA Exam blog for most of these. :) Oh, and here's a cute child to inspire you yet more: 



I would follow her into battle. 

*My brothers were watching pirates recently, and I laughed thinking how I needed someone like this to scream inspiration at me over bitter studying and grueling exams. Take a few minutes for your daily dosage of chills... and maybe think about the bigger battle we're fighting here? 



"They will know what WE CAN DO!"

*Finally, from the best source: ...They shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.

John 10:28

Nothing can snatch you from the center and source of Love, Joy, and Peace. Nothing. And particularly not numbers on paper. 

Whatever you're battling today, I've sent up a prayer for you. I could sure use some prayers too. Now fight as freedmen! 

{Photos via Pitnerest}

No comments: