Saturday, March 16, 2013

Princess Quotes and a Free Book

Every now and again a girl needs to be reminded she is a princess, and that life is one grand, big, beautiful adventure. I heard something today that I truly needed to hear:

We have reached princesshood when we are princesses always. Like Cinderella serving her cruel family with heart and hope and song, like Sarah Crewe a princess in tattered rags, like Snow White working hard to make a home for slobby dwarves, and being her bubbly self still, even when cast from her castle...

I like how Ann Voskamp said it yesterday after her trip from Haiti, about being radical: 

"And that’s what preaches the gospel: it’s the arteries that preach the gospel, a whole heart... the best preachers embody gospel, make words move through their skin...

eager to preach the gospel also to you who are in the kitchen hungry, you in the nameless streets needing love, you in the nursing home, you in the mudroom, you around the corner needing a meal and a long hug and a longer, lingering ear."

Embodiment of immortal love. A lady of light. That is the mystical thing called a princess, and we need many more. We need you.


 
 

 
 
 
 

If you've one of those magical books called a kindle, be certain to pick up A Little Princess for free. I am eighteen years of age, and still return to it time and again.

{Photos via Pinterest}

3 comments:

Rissi said...

That Cinderella quote... that is lovely. :)

Anonymous said...

When my story goes against what God delights in, I am grateful I have the power to say; "I don't want this to be the ending!" Thanks for the reminder!

God bless,
Tracy

Rachel Danielle said...

I really love that Tracy-- it's so true that at any time we have the power to call upon King of Creation and see His will be done! Just to ask, did you ever get my e-mail? I know you mentioned you'd be changing your address to Gmail soon. I hope you received it before then!

Blessings,

-Rachel